Hi ReadySetABA community! Applying for the exam can be confusing and even daunting at times, but look no further! We’ve created a task analysis that hopefully will make this easier. Assuming that you have finished your educational program, and your supervision hours (woohoo!), follow the steps below to sign up for the big exam!
Task Analysis: How to Apply for the BCBA® and BCaBA® Exams
- Go to The BACB website
- Click on “My Account” in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter in your email address and password.
- Click “log in”.
- Click on the “Certification Applications” tab.
- Enter in your contact information and click “continue”.
- Read over the “Information Release” and choose your option. Click continue.
- Enter in your “Personal Information”. Click continue.
- Enter in any “Other Professional Credentials” that you may have, or click “none”. Click continue. Complete this step for “Membership in Professional Organizations” as well.
- Enter in your “Degree Information”. Click continue.
- Enter in your “Training Type”, then click continue.
- If you selected coursework in step 11, enter in your coursework information. Click continue.
- Next you will add your experience hours on the “Experience Summary” page. You will be prompted to enter in “Experience Details”, including the starting month and year and your supervisor’s information. Click continue.
- Read over the “Exam Disability Accommodations”. Select “yes” or “no”, then click “continue”.
- Read each “Eligibility Affidavit” question and select “yes” or “no” accordingly. Click “continue”.
- Read each of the “Certification Processing Agreement” statements and select “yes” or “no”. Click “continue”.
- Review your application in its entirety from the “Application Summary” page.
- Click “checkout”.
- Enter in your payment information, click “Pay”.
Next, you will wait for the BACB to email you saying that you were approved. If you need any additional documentation, you will be notified. From there, you will receive a link from Pearson Vue testing center with a registration link.
Pat yourselves on the back, you made it this far!